Accepted Equivalents for Evonik Contractor Site Entry
Evonik Site Entry Requirement Equivalents
The Safety Orientation Course offered at Safety Plus covers a range of important topics as set forth by Evonik. The class begins at 7:30 am each morning and typically is completed by 1:00 pm. Attendees are highly encouraged to arrive before 7:30 am to ensure that class starts and ends on time. Topics covered include:
– General Safety Overview Topics:
– JSA/JHA, Accident Reporting, Materials Handling, and more.
– Process Safety Management (PSM)
– Hazard Communication (HazCom), the Globally Harmonized System (GHS), and Chemical Safety
– Personal Protective Equipment including Hearing and Respiratory Protection (PPE)
– Electrical Safety and Lock Out / Tag Out (LOTO) for Non-Qualified Workers
– Fall Protection including Stairways, Ladders, and Elevated Work Surfaces
– Excavations, Trenching, and Shoring
– Confined Space Entry for General Industry & Construction
– Fire Protection & Prevention and Fire Watch
The cost of the class is $35/person, and you can register employees here.
Approved Collection Facilities
Tennessee Valley Training Center (TVTC)
Occupational Health Center (OHC)
DISA Drug Screens
Springhill Primary Care (1924K Dauphin Island Parkway, Mobile, AL, 36605)
A $30 fee applies to add substance abuse testing data to SafetyPlusWeb™.
10-Panel Drug Screen and Breath Alcohol Test
All personnel working on site at Evonik must pass both a standard 10-panel drug screen and a breath alcohol test. These tests are most commonly conducted here at the Safety Plus offices and training center, but tests conducted at approved collection sites are also accepted.
Completion of an online, plant-specific orientation is required for site entry. This course covers hazards, protocols, and procedures that are specific to Evonik’s Theodore, AL facility. It is important for the safety of everyone working that contract personnel be aware of the information provided during this orientation.
There are no equivalents for this requirement
This must be completed at Safety Plus Inc.
A comprehensive background check is required of all personnel working at Evonik. If an individual has completed a background check that is at least as thorough as the background check administered through Safety Plus, this equivalent background check will satisfy Evonik’s requirement.