Safety Plus, Inc. is seeking a qualified individual for a Contract Safety Manager position on behalf of a client. This position requires a detail oriented professional capable of identifying and acting on risk and exposures identified through the work areas. This is a contract position, paid by the hour with opportunity for over-time pay, hours will likely be 40 – 45 hours per week and we are seeking someone to start immediately.
Our client is in need of a Safety Manager working full time during a plant expansion at Intel near Albuquerque, NM. They are an electrical company working on installing all electrical elements for plant operations at Intel’s Rio Rancho facility and will require safety oversite for an estimated 8 months. Please see the work description below and apply online today if you are interested.
- Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico
- Salary: $45 an hour
- Hours: Full-Time/Contract Position
- Schedule: Overtime – time and a half over 40 hours (8 Month long contract)
- Benefits: Per diem is $700.00 per week and mileage is available for mobilization
- Experience: 5+ Years, LOTO 5 years Preferred
- Number of Workers On Site: 25+
- Role: Safety Manager
- Morning safety meetings and JSA review
- Daily audits
- Inspecting (PPE, equipment)
- Reports to Project Manager
- Interacting as liaison with Intel’s safety team
- Training when applicable
- Basic computer skills for entering audit reports onto iPad and web site.
- Creating and maintaining a safe work environment for employees
- Ensuring that open lines of communication exist to share procedural updates
- Monitoring PPE usage compliance
- Working with the executive team to provide input when required
- Capable of passing a background check
- Certifications – NFPA 70E, OSHA 510, CPR/FA, Energy Isolation, Fall protection, OSHA 500 and BCSP Certifications preferred
- Capable of communicating at all levels and leading training when applicable
- Able to complete and review JSAs, audits, and equipment inspections
- Competent working with an iPad to complete audits on location
- Self-reliant and good communication skills
- Must have high levels of organization, written and verbal communication, and documentation skills
- Capable of performing incident investigations when applicable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.