IT Business Analyst
Safety Plus is in business to empower companies to prevent tragedy. The way we do that is by helping companies make safe work efficient. The purpose of the Business Analyst position is to bridge the gap between stakeholders and the software development team, interpreting business requirements into understandable development tasks to match a final software product with the expected business value so that Safety Plus may accomplish its purpose. Apply Today!
About This Job
- Location: Remote
- Salary: $71,000-$89,000
- Hours: Full-Time
- Schedule: 8-Hour Shift
- Benefits: 401K, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off
- Safety Plus Company Size: 50+
- Role: IT Business Analyst
- Work with stakeholders to translate business needs into requirements for the software development team.
- Analyze the problems, needs, and opportunities of the user to assist with developing solutions and the necessary requirements to implement those solutions into our products and services.
- Work closely with stakeholders and the development team to determine feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Produce required documentation, presentations, charts, graphs, etc. to keep stakeholders on the same page.
- Assist with Scrum planning and estimating activities to maintain a well-planned roadmap, product backlog, and sprint backlog.
- Develop and distribute reporting on development activities.
- Facilitate sprint retrospective meetings and disseminate lessons learned.
- Work with all stakeholders to determine testing and validation requirements.
- Validate the results of all testing and validation activities before release.
- Work with process owners on process analysis, improvement, and documentation to continually improve operations.
- Continued education and research into development trends and business analysis best practices.
Competencies and Qualities:
*Qualified candidates must have the following competencies and qualities
- Passionate about business analysis and have a strong understanding of business analysis best practices.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills who can clearly see all aspects of an issue and all likely outcomes of decisions.
- Ability to communicate and facilitate meetings with team members across all levels within the organization, utilizing the appropriate communication methods.
- A strong background in analytical techniques such as SWOT Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, Decision Trees, Stakeholder Analysis, Mind Maps, Business Process Modelling, Use Case Modelling, User Stories, etc.
- Ability to respectfully influence and press stakeholders at all levels to adhere to timelines and make necessary decisions.
- Self-motivated team player with ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A mind for lean operations and continual improvement.
- Sense of urgency and persistence.
- Energy, enthusiasm and commitment.
- A history of supporting successful projects and high performing teams.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a business- or technology-related field.
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in business analysis roles or related fields.
- Mastery of key business analysis principles.
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing.
- Intermediate hands-on experience with BPMN 2.0.
- Strong understanding of Agile software development principles such as Scrum.
- An understanding of fundamental software design principles and methodologies.
- A foundational understanding all functions of an organization and how they work together to create business outcomes.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Master of Business Administration degree.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in business analysis roles.
- An advanced understanding of software design principles and methodologies.
Physical Demands: This role will require using a computer for long periods of time while sitting or standing.