Safety Plus, Inc. is seeking a Safety Professional. The primary role of the Safety Manager will be observational assessments and audits on VA projects throughout the New England area. At Safety Plus, we manage safety and risk programs for hundreds of companies across the United States, and this line of business has been growing significantly in recent years. Our customers count on us to effectively serve as their safety department, and our Safety Managers are the face of this service to clients.
Safety Plus is located on the beautiful Gulf Coast in Mobile, AL. We offer a wide range of safety services including program management, training, auditing, industrial hygiene monitoring, safety management software, contractor management software, and more. We also staff safety professionals on projects nationwide. In this case, our client needs a Safety Professional to provide weekly or bi-weekly inspections at several of their locations in Massachusetts and the surrounding area. Their projects include new build projects and renovations at VA locations. Please see the work description below and contact us if you are interested.
About This Job
Job Type: Weekly or Bi-Weekly Inspections
Location: Massachusetts and surrounding area
Pay: $500.00 per Audit | Per diem is not available for this position
Contract Industry: Construction
Experience Level: 5+ years
Workers On-Site: 50+
Role: Safety Manager/Auditor Employment
Status: 1099 Contractor
In partnership with our client, the Safety Manager will conduct observational assessments on selected VA project locations. The audits/observations are intended to provide a high-level assessment of the construction work to identify potential issues and various approaches for improvement. The position requires a detail-oriented professional, ability to write reports, strong communication and presentation skills. Accurate and timely communication of issues to the company and its client is critical. The Safety Manager must be capable of identifying unrecognized hazards and discussing risks and exposures through the observational assessment in a thoughtful professional manner.
• Required CSP or CHST certification and Minimum of 5 years in safety management.
• Credential requirements: OSHA 510/500 or 511/501
• Capable of using client software, templates, and supplemental materials.
• Risk based safety approach in uncovering gaps in safety program and performance
• Ability to communicate and present deliverables at all levels of an organization
• Ability to provide SME level guidance and respond to safety related questions concerning power
• Familiar with Safety Management Systems – implementation and continuous improvement
• Competent working with an iPad to complete audits on location.
• Self-reliant and good communication skills
• Interacting with subcontractor safety managers on project
• Training when applicable
• Basic computer skills for entering audit reports onto iPad and web site.
• Ensuring that open lines of communication exist to share information
• Working with the executive team to provide input when required